With the New Year almost upon us, I have been working out my upcoming goals and what I’d like to see as far as successful production for 2020.
With a lot of excitement, I am hoping to publish my new suspense/supernatural horror series, Evade! And with a lot of joy and sadness, I will be wrapping up my epic fantasy collection, the Wyvernsield Series. While this may be a “goodbye” to current beloved characters, I am already toying with a story idea with new characters beginning this time in Aberrisc!
As you know if you have been reading any of my goal planning posts, I like the bi-monthly process breakdown. This method has proven to generate the most goal success for me. I’ll be continuing the process, but this time with a larger “arching” picture in mind. I’ll be planning the entire year, broken down in two-month objectives by Work In Progress.
Overall Goal Summary: This year’s production goal is to publish four books — Evade Parts #1,2 & 3 and the last book in the Wyvernshield Fantasy Series.
Works In Progress Goals:
January – February
- Complete writing for Book #3 (anticipated 25,000 word count)
- Edit Book #1, Book #2
- Craft Book Blurb
- Purchase/design book covers for all three books
- Publish Book #1
March – April
- Edit Book #3
- Publish Book #2
May – June
- Publish Book #3
WYVERNSHIELD BOOK #3
March – August
- Complete writing (March through August — anticipated word count 100,000)
- Edit book (September through November)
- Publish in December
April – May
- Purchase cover
- Write up a book blurb
- Look into a future Set Collection of all three books
- 125,000/12 mos
- Evade Book #3 25,000 — 12,500 per month, 3,125 per week, 625 per 5 days
- Wyvernshield #3 100,000 — 17,000 per month, 4,250 per week, 850 per 5 days
- Once per quarter do an ad (Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads or Amazon)
- Buy new table & cart
- Buy banner stands
- Find/design a book stand
- Buy Metal Bookmarkers for new books
- Once per quarter do a local book signing
- Participate in one national comic convention if possible
- Expand email list
- Once per quarter do a giveaway
- Donate older book versions to libraries
So this is the 2020 Plan but as they are “goals”, these are subject to change, subject to incompletion, and subject to postponement! LOL
While 2019 was a tough and emotional year for me and my family, it turned out overall a very important and rewarding year. In the end, I learned you just have to have faith all will work out and have faith in yourself that you have the strength to see it through!
I wish all of you a successful and happy new year as well!