This year has flown — I cannot believe how fast it flew by!
I started this blog in July of 2016 to help promote my new book and to do some writing research as well as experience sharing. While the climb up the mountain is far from over, I can look back over my shoulder proudly.
Here is a list of writing goals that I have accomplished in the year since my last blog anniversary:
- Written, edited and published The Bleeding Crown as well as designed the book cover myself! I am super happy with the outcome of the story and hope to begin outlining the series finale soon. Expect to see it in 2020!!
- Written two more novellas like In Four Days. My upcoming Horror-Suspense series, Elude: Part One and Elude: Part Two will be published by the end of the year.
- Participated and wrote 50,241 words in the month of November for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) Challenge. That was the first time I took part in it and plan to this November as well.
- Wrote and edited every couple of weeks (give or take) a horror web series with my father T.D. Barton called The Hidden. It has been very fulfilling for the both of us I believe. He finally gets to see his own writing come to fruition — it only took 30 years! In the upcoming year, it will be released in full book format.
- Partnered up with two voice actors for my works — Consequences Within Chaos (which is available now on Audible.com) and In Four Days (which will be released on Audible by the end of the year!) Really happy with the productions and I have already gotten Laura Richcreek (the actress for CWC) to start on The Bleeding Crown. Nothing is more thrilling than hearing your words performed. Not a movie (yet! heh heh heh) but very close to a play as far as performance.
Blog stats and growth since 2017 and from its start in 2016:
- 1303 views / 862 visitors since July 2017
- 1603 views / 659 in 2016 and all together that is 2,906 views / 1,521 people that have read and/or visited my writer’s blog since it was first started in July 2016.
- This is the 70th Blog Post for the site!
- 36 followers through WordPress and current email list @ 2,226!!
- Readers have checked in from 42 different countries around the globe!!!
- 310 Followers on Twitter, 90 Followers on my Facebook page, 25 Followers/166 Friends on Goodreads.com and now on Instagram 82 Followers! — It’s a small tribe but we are growing!
What’re my goals for the next year?
- Book a table at a book festival or comic-con in Arizona.
- Find a local bookstore to do a book-signing in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Maintain monthly book/audiobook giveaways.
- Write another novella, Elude: Part Three.
- Finalize and publish The Hidden.
- Write a fantasy novella — perhaps in the same world as the novels, but maybe something brand new?!
- Get The Bleeding Crown and Elude series on Audible as well!
- Do at least one out of state large comic-con like the Amazing Las Vegas Comic-con.
- Write at least another 50,000 words in NaNoWriMo Challenge.
- Keep on finding new ways to attract readers to this blog and find new stories to entertain you with!!
- Special shout out to Ted Barton — not only my mentor and my toughest critic (lol!), but my biggest inspiration. Without your own endeavors to push the envelope, I would not have the confidence to reach for my own. Thank you for all your guidance and love.
- Thank you to Nesa Miller who has diligently helped me with my work and really shown me ways to improve upon my writing. You don’t always beat around the bush with how you feel, but your assistance and targeted editing has been a huge boost to my work! You may not yet have your own Editing Site going yet, but when you do, you’ll be a great success!!
- My friend and great supporter, Jon Paul Rai, who has worked with me on both of my fantasy novels and has been a strong advocate on his own Youtube Channel, Entertainment Hacker. Check him out if you are a Star Wars Fan as he has some great material and insight into the storylines and the direction they SHOULD go!
- Nothing but praise and gratitude to my voice actor partners (Laura Richcreek and Charles Pendleton). You have brought to life my characters and taken the writing to that next level. I can never repay you for your time and efforts in that! Thanks so much.
- My number one fans and beta-readers, Susanna Willey and Renee York! You guys have truly made this a blast and your reviews on Amazon and Goodreads have absolutely put me on Cloud Nine. I appreciate all your efforts to spread the word and to get my name out there!
- Last I would like to thank Susanne Lambdin for her words of advice on marketing and continued support for my own growth as a writer. Thank you for your partnership and I look forward to the day we can attend another comic-con together!
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED, READ AND GIVEN ME ASSISTANCE WITH MY WORK! It truly honors me any time I hear that someone has enjoyed or been entertained by my work. There are a million storytellers in all sorts of styles and manner. I know that for you to pick my writing to spend your own precious time with cannot be taken for granted or wasted. Each time I think maybe this isn’t what I should be doing with my life or sacrificing my energies on, someone reminds me how it touched their world and it made a difference to them. As a writer, I cannot ask for anything more.
Here’s to our lives and paths continuing to cross in the future!