It’s time for more goal setting and goal results!
I do want to apologize that I skipped out of sending a post for May & June. The only goals I had for those two months were to produce The Bleeding Crown and the audiobook for Consequences Within Chaos. So for those two months, I was successful, but the effort was all-consuming. I am frankly still worn out!
Now for the results of March & April Bi-Monthly goals:
- Outline new chapters for subplots and additional material – Finish by 2nd week of March (Success!)
- Finish writing new subplots/additional material – Finish by 3rd week of March (Success!)
- Complete 3rd Wave of edits & send out to Beta Readers – Finish by end of March (Success!)
- Complete 1st Wave of edits for Elude #1 – Finish by end of April (Not completed in April.)
- Complete the Cover for The Bleeding Crown – Finish by end of March (Not completed until late May. Went through over thirty variations! But the result worked out and I am very happy with the cover.)
- Get feedback from beta-readers – Finish by end of April (Not completed in April.)
- Complete the 4th wave and final edit for The Bleeding Crown – Finish by end of April (Not completed in April.)
- Write a separate blog entry outside of goals and The Hidden Saga — Finish by 2nd week for April (Not accomplished.)
- Walk 1 mile a day (60 miles for the two months) – Complete for both months (Sadly this didn’t happen either as I donated every minute into getting The Bleeding Crown ready for release.)
- Send out Monthly Newsletters by 15th of the month – Complete for both months (Success!)
- Keep up The Hidden saga on the website every 2 weeks – Complete for both months (Success!)
So the overall results were not pretty — 50% of the goals my lowest scoring yet — but I am still very happy with my latest novel. I have taken the time after the book release to recoup some and will be able to jump into the horror/action/thriller. Already, the work for Elude is going very smoothly.
Now for the NEW goals for July & August Bi-Monthly goals:
- Complete the Audiobook for In Four Days.
- Create/organize this year’s 2018 Indie Fantasy Book Giveaway with several other independent authors.
- Add a new page to the site showcasing associates and people I have worked with and what they can do for other writers.
- Find at least two places to do a book-signing appearance.
- Schedule one or two more comic-cons or book festivals by the end of the year.
- Finish editing for Elude #1 & #2.
- Design the book cover for Elude #1 & #2.
- Write the end of Elude #3.
- Send out Monthly Newsletters by 15th of the month.
- Keep up The Hidden saga on the website every 2 weeks.
You may notice that I didn’t include any health or personal goals here. I am working on finding a better balance with my free time with writing work and health/fitness time. Plus I have a family that I want to see more of!
In 2016 and 2017, I walked up to 3 or 4 miles nearly every night. In 2018, I have fallen into a bad pattern of not walking and spending a lot of time on my writing. But my health has seriously suffered and I am my heaviest weight ever. I am admitting this because I know that I can and will do better. For now, I will be posting my writing goals. Once I have decided what direction I want to take with my health, I will then maybe include those personal/health goals.
It has already been a successful and productive year and I hope to keep it growing. I hope each of you has also had an amazing year. Thanks to everyone who has supported me or been a cheerleader — IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!