Well…this has definitely been a challenging yet rewarding year. Unfortunately, events have substantially impacted my writing production.
At the beginning of April, I gave you my goals for April & May. Now, I won’t go into detail or give any excuses, but me and my family had to face and overcome some serious medical obstacles followed by financial hardships. I was so derailed that I lost most of June as well still working things out.
The dust has settled and overall, we are sitting better than where we even started the year. However, like any sudden change, it takes time to recover and adapt.
I do want to apologize to you, my core fans, and ask for your forgiveness and patience.
My work schedule has done a 360 degree shift on me and thus, my writing time has been severely compromised. One of my priorities this month will have to be to determine when and where to write. As I have stated in the past that I write mainly after 10 PM when my family goes to bed. Now I am working from 8 AM to 4:30 PM versus 11:30 AM to 8 PM — not too mention the two hours of driving time… But, I repeat, I am not wanting to give you excuses, only facts which I’ll have to find a work-around.
I promise you: Writing and developing my collection is too important for me to throw away or forget about. Adjustment, flexibility, good attitude and drive will help me find a path through.
Here were my goals and results from April & May:
- Complete the outline for the third book in the Wyvernshield Series — partially completed; more chapters to work though.
- Complete the outline for the new web saga, Juxtaposed — succeeded on this goal, but need to publish the third installment.
- Complete the outline for the new Evade Series (crime/horror series) — no writing or outlining yet done on this storyline unfortunately.
- Rework the covers of my books — partial success as I revamped the Elude Series which I’m quite happy with. Still need another artist or somehow figure out what I want for my new covers for the Wyvernshield Series.
- Begin a four-part guest blog swap with fellow writer Adam Mitchell and complete a Blog Interview with him! — success as I published the interview (see here if you haven’t had a chance to read it) and have done 3 of the 4 guest blogs with him so far.
And by the way…I recently did an in-depth interview with my voice actress, Laura Richcreek on the Wyvernshield Series. That is in the editing stage but soon to be released. STAY TUNED FOR THAT! It was fun to do and we get into a lot of the minute details and reasons behind the plot twists in the two books. >>SPOILERS ALERT<<
My Goals for July & August:
The last goal blog, I proposed goals and put some dates of completion with them. This time I’m going to try putting Priority Levels on them — I will work from the top down which will keep me focused on what’s most important for me to complete.
- Complete the total outline for the third book of the Wyvernshield Series. Highest Priority.
- Maintain a two-week production of the chapters for the web series, Juxtaposed. Highest Priority.
- Develop and begin the Evade Series outline. Medium Priority.
- Find a cover artist or design the Wyvernshield book covers myself. Medium Priority.
- Develop a book trailer for Wyvernshield Series. Lowest Priority (stretch goal).
There are many other things I want to do, but time is very limited so I hope these goals can be accomplished. With luck and with the better financial position, I hope to do more appearances, giveaways, and book signings by the end of the year! Thanks for everyone’s support and I appreciate everyone sticking around to see what’s in store for the future.